Friday, August 3, 2007

Color Block Friday 2007.08.03 - Who Likes Blue? Raise your hand...

In honor of the blue skies of Portland, OR where I live, I am showcasing blue this month - the month of my birth! Yes, I will officially be one year older, perhaps wiser, and always different. I know that most people like to celebrate the New Year with resolutions - but I reserve mine for my birthday. What do I want to do in my next year of live? What goals have I attained or do I want to make new ones? Definitely time for a list.

But, for now, I am going to celebrate BLUE. It's such a soothing color. We often associate blue with water and sky - but what of other associations?
What would we do if we didn't have that something blue for our wedding day? Or the wild forget-me-nots your kids like to pick and leave on your porch? And let's not forget some of our favorite gemstones: sapphires, turquoise, apetite, london blue topaz, and my favorite: the rare of rare indicolite or indigolith (pure blue tourmaline).

So, if you think of other blue things you want to share feel free. A favorite toy from childhood, or maybe you're painting a room in your house?

Here are the blues in my repertoire. There are so many, since it is one of my favorite colors (in fact I don't think I have a favorite color anymore - much too hard to choose). I currently have 12 shades: baby bird, sky, faded denim, jet stream, sleeping beauty, turquoise, ocean, little boy blue, peacock, tourmaline, indigo, and midnight - whew! ... and I'm always looking for more.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you as a Rockin Girl Blogger: http://ashleyakers.blogspot.com/2007/08/what-small-world.html
I love your work!

bopdotspot said...

I just wanted to let you know I have had you on my favorites list for a while. I love your new banner and your work continues to get more and more interesting. maybe my husband will buy me one for christmas~ SO BEAUTIFUL! -your fellow etsian

TQB Designs said...

Thank you so much bopdotspot! I really appreciate that... I do hope to get to my blog at least once this month, especially for the "Color Block Friday" feature. It really will be beautiful! Just trying to get caught up right now... :)

I promise to have some great things up between now and Christmas, so make sure your hubby pays attention!

xoxox, Lisa G.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.