Friday, October 14, 2011

One and Only Show: Sheboygan, Wisconsin

Spinner Pendant
I am again lucky this year to have been selected to participate in this fantastic group show at the Kohler Arts Center in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.  Christine End is the curator this year and it looks to be a fantastic show. If you are in the Sheboygan area please do stop in to see the work.  We artists worked so hard to make some spectacular thing (I know I did) and we love to share.

This year the colors combinations I submitted are "Hadrian's Wall" steeped in neutral greys, black and one spot of color with a luscious purple, complimented by "Arbol de la Vida" also in neutral shades of brown, purple/grey, rosy shades.  Also submitted work in "Atomic" in blues, greens and browns - a very contemporary "mid-centry" combination of shades.  Along with the new colors there are some great new styles - using my sterling bar as in my Waxing-Waning earrings, Branched necklace, Comet, and Spinner pendants, in the combinations of "Hadrian's Wall".  I'm also very excited about my newest earring style:  Ovaled Dot Hoop (you can see one in mulberry in my Etsy store).  It has been a long time coming to make an earring that isn't cluttered or massive due to over decoration, but in its own right - just with one of my beaded beads.  These are a statement-maker:)

It was a great year of experimentation, shape and color discovery for me and I feel that the work I have submitted this year at the One and Only is very reflective of this new-found inspiration.

Pink

No comments: