Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Great Event it was not - an expensive lesson to learn...

I'm not usually one to whine - however, I have now experienced my first Total Bomb for a show. The Taste of Tanasbourne was far and away the worst show experience I have ever had. After two of the three days I sold only 1 item. It was discussed with the "people in charge" if you don't want to show up on Sunday - you don't have to. Well... needless to say - I won't be attending the show on Sunday - just incase any of my Portland customers plan on attending - I won't be there:)

The show grounds were extremely disconcerting. It was a minefield of mole holes, mouse pits, and DIRT. Everything in my booth was covered in a fine coating of DIRT - yuck! And, due to the terrain it wasn't wheelchair or stroller friendly. There was a lack of signage to direct people to the show and it was BEHIND a major shopping area - no one knew it was there.

If it were up to me I would never have charge admission either - the entire event should have been FREE:)

So, lessons learned. I will be better at my research when doing an outdoor event next summer - and I am looking forward to my next 2 shows in October that are inside!

- Pink

1 comment:

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Oh I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience! It sounds like this was entirely the venue's blame. What a disappointment. Just the time and effort involved in setting up and taking down needs more than one sale to make it worthwhile...