Thursday, April 9, 2009

Look Ma, No Hard Drive!? ... another lesson...

Many of you may know by now how fond I am of lessons. Well, this time the lesson is: do not procrastinate. I had thousands of photos on my computer, but never made the time to get many of them over to my external hard drive to archive them for safe keeping. As a result, over the last two weeks, I have been dealing with an ailing and failing computer. I took it into my local MAC repair shop and it was too late. The hard drive failed as they were trying to back it all up....

So, remember kids - go and get yourself an external hard drive (or better yet back everything up to a DVD - much less likely of failure if stored correctly) for all those files you want archived. You just never know when your computer's hard drive, mother board, etc... will fail on you. I am very happy to have Mac back - and we are getting along much better - even though we are a little lighter on the interior...

- Pink

No comments: